Academic English is a self-study course at B1 level for learners who need to improve their listening and reading skills in preparation for further study in English, or for international exams such as IELTS and TOEFL. It includes understanding relationships and supporting points; identifying arguments and purpose; paraphrasing; using contextual clues; understanding inference and implication; and recognising sign-posts. A series of videos on study skills is also included.
- Level: CEFR B1
- Number of Lessons: 30 lessons; 15 study skills videos
- Lesson Duration: Approx. 45 mins
- Suggested Duration: 16 weeks
- Fees –
Academic English Features:
- 30 lessons at B1 level for academic listening and reading skill practice.
- 15 short videos on developing study skills to utilize in a university setting.
- Structured practice with semi-authentic scripts that mirror university lectures and reading content.
- Topics and vocabulary that cover a range of disciplines and study areas including Humanities, Science, Commerce and Law.
- Built in review of new vocabulary and skills to maximise practice and build confidence.