Practical Reading can be used flexibly as supplement for students who need to improve their reading skills in business contexts. Those who are willing to study 2-3 hours a week over several months will see a significant improvement in their reading fluency and speed, and will develop the confidence to express their ideas and opinions about what they have read.
At the start, students complete a short, adaptive diagnostic test to ensure that subsequent lessons are presented at the right level. Each lesson begins with a warm-up activity to help introduce the topic and orientate the learner. This is followed by a focused reading exercise to practice both reading for gist and specific information.
A Word Bank is also included to provide support with new words and a review of key business concepts.
- Level: CEFR B1 – C1 | TOEIC® 350 – 900*
- Number of Lessons: 800+
- Lesson Duration: Approx. 30 mins
- Fees –
Key Content: Banking, Finance, Economy, Innovation, the Environment, Media, Science, People, Education, Technology, Management, Employment, Politics/Government, Society
- Structured practice to help learners read more fluently and expand their vocabulary.
- Printable lesson content including results, commentary and a Word Bank.
- An end-of-course test to measure progress.